Within minutes of deploying Lansweeper’s agentless software, accurate and complete data on your environment is available in a dashboard. In addition to eliminating the blind spots in your IT environment, Lansweeper helps:
In addition to eliminating the blind spots in your IT environment, Lansweeper helps:
• Infrastructure: whether your servers are on-premises, virtualized or in a public cloud, Lansweeper tells you what you have and how it’s being used.
• Devices: from desktops to printers to mobile devices, anything that is connected to your network is inventoried in Lansweeper.
• Software: from M365 to Adobe and more, Lansweeper tells you what you have and where it’s being used.
• Users: by scanning Active Directory, Lansweeper completes the circle of information by connecting the dots between devices, software and users.
Lansweeper is a tool developed in Belgium to help the IT department to collect information about devices on the network and their status. With this information an IT-department can deliver a higher quality of support.
Lansweeper can scan devices in 2 ways:
• Lansweeper uses a wide range of scanning protocols. Devices are scanned through: WMI, SNMP, MIB, or any known API-connector to retrieve as much information as possible.
• It uses an agent that can be installed on a Windows, Mac or Linux machine to send the information to the main Lansweeper server. This method can be used on clients that are not that much on-site.
Lansweeper gives information about performance monitoring, uptime information, event log information, all components of the computer with their specific information and also a history tab to see the differences relative to the previous scans, etc. License information is also gathered.
3. Analytics & Reporting
Lansweeper has a set of +500 reports built in and with their open SQL-standard it is possible to adjust these report or create new ones. It is also possible to save your own created reports. This way you can filter and cross-reference all the information found on the network. When viewing the report in the tool it is possible to filter, sort and search.
We at Auxility use Lansweeper as a tool to improve our service for your environment.
• It is an advanced automated CI collection tool with easy to export possibilities.
• It is a tool to check environments on updates in hardware or software versions.
• It is a (lightweight) software distribution tool.
• It is a (lightweight) license compliance tool.
Lansweeper counts the installation numbers and can give a quick estimate of the needed licenses. This way you are always compliant.